Now we can shop while we drop inches and burn calories! During the holiday season we all find ourselves a little short on time (and money) with a long gift list that usually includes hours of shopping. Although this is not my preferred method of exercising, we can make the most of this time. Before we get to the quick tips the first thing to think about is wearing the correct shoes. It is not the time to make a fashion a statement…wearing uncomfortable shoes could sack your plan before it gets started. So here are 7 quick and easy tips to help you burn extra calories:
* Park further away from the mall or store.
Not only will this help you burn calories but it will also keep you from driving around the parking lot for 20 minutes waiting for a closer spot!
* Take the stairs and not the elevator or escalator.
* While waiting in the checkout line, do some calf raises, bag squats, leg raises etc…
* Power walk between stores.
* Walk around the mall for about 20-30 minutes.
At the half-way point through your shopping list, put your bags in the car and make the mall your indoor track ( walking only please no running, I would imagine that would be dangerous and could get you arrested) Hahaha!
* Speed walk or run pass the cinnamon bun or pretzel store! Never go to the mall on an empty stomach and drink plenty of water. Eat before or wait until after-No Mall Food!
No Excuses Only Results!